At this point, there is no debate on the importance of lighting when it comes to designing a trade show display. In past blogs, we have mentioned how the correct lighting can make your company’s display stand out in a sea of other displays and how lighting can set the tone of your business’ message. The right lighting sets the mood for your customers, allowing your sales team to jump right into the pitch. Lighting is a main player in the trade show display design.
So now the question is: HOW do you find the perfect lighting? Design KnowHow has that answer and many more. Our sales and design teams have been helping companies design every aspect of their trade show displays for decades. We understand every nuance of lighting and finding the perfect luminescence is what we do best.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing lighting for your display:
- First and foremost, you want to make sure that every aspect of your well-thought-out design is clearly visible to your potential clients. Consider the fact that everything needs to be well lit. You would not want to design a beautiful display only to have parts of it be lost in shadow. While designing, contemplate where the lighting will be placed to ensure every part of the design is illuminated.
- In the beginning stages of the design process, choosing a theme is one of the first steps. When choosing a theme, consider what type of lighting will set the mood for that theme. This could be anything from a simple soft light to a dramatic rotating, multi-chromatic lighting display.
- The next consideration is what type of lighting will help your display jump out from your surrounding competition. Understanding the different aspects of lighting can be a challenge. Our sales and design teams are well-versed in all aspects of the ever-evolving world of trade show displays. Their knowledge of lighting trends and new?improved products will give your company the edge over the competition.
- After determining that every aspect of your design is illuminated and your display stands out on the trade show floor, decide what aspect of your design should be emphasized. Do you have a new product or service to promote? Has your branding been updated? Use specific lighting features to draw the attention of your customers to the parts of your display you want to be highlighted. Using lighting to focus potential clients’ attention will allow that new product or service to sell itself. Your sales team can then provide the details to seal the deal.
- Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, make sure that your lighting makes customers comfortable. Using dramatic lighting to draw attention to your display and focus on key aspects of your design is important. The catch is not to overdo it and set an uncomfortable mood that will repel customers. Finding the right balance can be tricky. Luckily, Design KnowHow has the knowledge and decades of experience. We are here to help. Contact us today!